Friday, November 26, 2010

Saved from out of the womb


After having witnessed the birth of my daughter last week and coming to a greater knowledge of the sorrows of motherhood I found this recently investigated miracle touching.

A tribunal for the Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh spent six months gathering evidence from family members and medical personnel concerning a critically ill baby who recovered after relatives prayed to Archbishop Sheen for intervention. The documents were sent to Rome last month, where Archbishop Sheen is a candidate for beatification, the second step toward canonization or sainthood.[1]
God helps those who call out for him, and he loves the weak, poor and humble. There a few creatures more weak, poor and humble than that of a child.

"I was cast upon thee from the womb. From my mother's womb thou art my God" (Psalm 22 10)

Servant of God Fulton Sheen, Ora pro nobis!


[1] Pittsburg Post Gazette

No comments:

Post a Comment